Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue

As you may or may not have heard, the Toronto front office has decided to indefinitely suspend the powder blue jerseys the team wears on home games played on Fridays. I was actually pissed off with this move because in my opinion they were the most badass uniforms in the MLB. Most people might believe that this is a giant "fuck you!" to the teams heritage, and its understandable when looked at in passing . But what if it's a symbol of the franchise moving on and looking toward the future instead of keeping a kung-fu death clutch on the old school ways?

This is the only reasoning I can come up with and I feel that it makes sense when you consider the rebuilding mode the franchise shifted to once AA started running shit. By trading away the franchise cornerstones of Roy Halladay and Vernon Wells (thank God), and building up a sexy farm that is going to provide steady incoming talent for the next several years, there is a bright future for these blue birds.

This also makes me wonder what our next set of alternates will look like. I'd lose my shit to see the Championship era uniforms make a comeback, and for what it's worth- I think we should employ those bad boys full-time. But like I speculated, I can't see AA reviving anything old, just creating creating something new.

0 comments until now.

Post a Comment