Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nike Dolla Bills

I finally got a chance to check out the new Ricky Romero Nike commercial. I must say- I do get a bit of a tingling feeling in my pants when baseball commercials start popping up telling me that the season really isn't that far off anymore. In this clip of film noir, Ricky takes you through the mean streets of East LA with obligatory shots of urban Spanish culture, i.e.;  pitbulls, taco trucks, and low-riders.

Aside from all the stereotypical screenshots, this ad is actually pretty badass. I love Rick Ro and I think its about time the Jays start getting some love (and money)  from the big boys over at Nike. Although despite showing the Nike logo in about 15 different shots, the directors never once showed a Jays logo...or mentioned the Jays at all. In fact, Ricky said that he was "Ricky Romero, from east Los Angeles".  Interesting - yes. Disheartening- yes. But surprising? Not a fucking chance if you're a Jays fan.




0 comments until now.

Post a Comment